Monday 13 February 2012

..."The same thing we always do Pinky, we... play the game".

 This month we have decided to not watch the television. I am ashamed to admit that on just the second day in, I missed it!!  But day three, four and five came and went, now on day 13 I'm T.V free and it's brilliant. I'm a big Eastenders fan but I haven't had the slightest twitch in not knowing what soul destroying misery plagues the square at the moment. What has happened is...I have discovered a love for Scrabble.
 I was playing it at work (it is a clinically reasoned therapy exercise...promise!) and I really got into it. So when I saw Mr M I mentioned that it might be an idea to get it for our quiet evenings.
He did.
Now we are obsessed with it. So at the ripe old age of 23, I have played my first game and developed a love for Scrabble. Nothing better than a game or two in the evening, with a cup of tea (milky?) and a biscuit.
I think I have won more games than my husband. But he discovered my hatred for losing during our second game so it's probably best that it stays that way, for fear he sees me for the monster I really am and ends our games in DIVORCE. It scores 13 though...he might win with that one!

1 comment:

  1. We use to have this incentive in school where if we didn't watch tele for the whole week, we'd get a $5 voucher off for the book fair and get a book! Of course, my parents was suppose to be encouraging me to not watch tv, but on the contrary, they did the opposite! Bleuh. I guess I had to learn self-discipline at an early age!

    ReplyDelete