Friday 3 February 2012

More tea?

Vicar: Only if you give me a little less milk!


It was me who made the tea at work today and it could have gone better.
"Er, I'm just going to get another tea bag for this hot milk" Comment number one.
I say nothing.
"Oh, this tea...is it tea? It's very weak if it is" Comment number two.
I smile.
"I'm quite good at making tea. I'll make it next time" The last comment.
I apologize for my undesirable tea.


I drink tea extremely weak. Most other people I know drink it a normal brown/orange colour compared to the pathetic albino beige drink I dare to even call a cup of tea. I'm okay with it.


My husband drinks his stronger than average. My husband also has much stronger opinions than me.
Mr M often gets out his ladder and climbs onto his beloved soap box. I sit at the bottom and (most of the time) don't even try to follow. Occasionally I will try, but rarely will I ever climb as high. Am I lazy? Passive? Less passionate about things? 


Rants annoy me a little. I can't say I'm fond of a good heated debate, or playing devils advocate to inspire some extreme reactions, or arguing a point I feel strongly about. Sometimes I don't even want a conversation. I am the white to my husband's black. Opposites attract, but what about in this case?


 My husband is a very intelligent man. He enjoys studying, learning and looking for the answers to things he doesn't know. He is interested in hearing what people have to say, and is confident in sharing his well thought out opinions. 
His thirst for strong, hot tea must coincide with his thirst for a strong understanding on 'stuff'.


Probably not actually, but the tea situation got me thinking today. Am I a cup of warm, weak tea not really offering much?


Maybe a little.


More tea?




No comments:

Post a Comment