Sunday 12 August 2012

Say what!

My husband told me a story a while ago. It involved him, and it went like this:

 He went into his beloved music shop, as he regularly does. He went in to pick up his guitars from being 'set up' (I still am not fluent in the language of Guitar, so I don't know what that means). He has got quite friendly with the owners and staff since having a bad experience at a different local music shop. This other shop made a very very poor job of fixing is guitar, so poor that it was in fact made worse! Whats more, the staff were not ever so friendly and my husband was left with a bodged guitar and a refund as a small consolation. We didn't know at the time, but they have a reputation for rubbish workmanship.

 The new shop are much MOR (MUSIC) friendly and competent at dealing with people and their instruments, and on his recent trip in the owner called my husband aside to sow him something.
 The son of the man who runs the other shop had written on Facebook about my husband. He included  Mr Morgans full name in his little rant and while slating him, concluded with "some people are just born C****!"

I was not happy! I couldn't believe that someone could be so rude about someone, they don't even know, when they were the ones that made a terrible job of fixing a guitar...something they are meant to be totally capable in.
This obvious lack of maturity and professionalism got to me, but husband found it amusingly pathetic, and is not bothered in the slightest. I am not so relaxed about it.

The lovely man in MOR MUSIC (www.mormusic.co.uk based in Fossgate, York) wanted to wait until he knew my husband well enough before he showed him this ridiculous display of boyish behaviour, to be sure he wouldn't be offended. And may I just add, this chap has to regularly keep an eye on Facebook, because it's usually his store that is getting slated, not his customers!

This is not a case of a husband needing his wife to fight his battles. This is a raging woman who thinks that kind of behaviour is ridiculous. My aim is not to protect my husband here, it's to write about such shocking behaviour, and come to think if it... abuse!

 I am unsure whether it is right to name the baddies in this story, or if it's stooping to their level, but I think I will. Seeing as I'm pretty sure only about 5 people will see this post anyway! And, it really has made me cross.

So, the shop is called Red Cow Music and the badly behaved so-called 'man' in question is called Miles.

Miles, get a grip.




No comments:

Post a Comment