Monday 23 April 2012

Can I just say

 It isn't really the British way to burden others with our feelings. Yes, we all have a moan and we might complain openly to people. But to the select few we trust, we may occasionally honour them with our genuine problems or heart-deep worries. And yes, I do think it is an honour to be let in to someone's world of fear of difficulty.

 I'm a standard English example of idle whinging, yet opting for total emotional privacy to the point of accepting lack of sleep over sharing my feelings.

But today is a different day, and the end of a different week, at the end of a different month...life is a bit hard. I'm not going to go into the fine details of my life (the day isn't that different) but I felt the urge to break my own little mold, and to put out there the fact that there are some struggles in my and my husband's life. Not our daughter's of course...life rocks when you're two!

I have a select few people, well two actually, who know why I might cry, or why I may want to throw things across the room. That's enough for me.
 I have been welcomed into other people's select few only recently, simply by being honest and putting my pride aside and talking a little more openly. And in doing so, have realised that it's not just me having difficulty!
 I'm always ready to listen to people, I'm good at being there for people, and I can be discreet. I've not really given others much credit for being able to do the same for me, mainly because I haven't given them the chance to do those things very often.
 I now know that I need good people. If I didn't have them around me, I would honestly end up with mental health issues. The past weeks/ months may have caused destruction if it wasn't for good people in my life. The best are the ones that don't even need to be told that times are tricky.

The point of this post is unclear to me, it was just kind of cyber therapy I suppose. But, as well as being brilliant people, we can also be a little hurtful.

While we can't all be the best of friends, we can at least be sincere in our 'how are you?' and 'have you had a good day?' and give the person we are asking some respect by hoping for an honest response.

As for life, well it will get better, and our big problems will become small ones, then disappear. In the mean time I'm off for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment